If you are considering pursuing a career as an accountant, one of the first steps is to find out how to become an accountant and how to give accounting services in Abu Dhabi. It is important that you have a well-rounded educational background in order to succeed in this field. The number of different accounting positions available can be intimidating for some. Here are some things that will help you in your goal to become an accountant.
- Most accountants are employed in law firms, large corporations, auditing firms, or in government agencies. Those who work in the public sector are typically called Certified Public Accountants (CPA), while those who work for the private sector are typically called Certified Public Accountants (CPA/CPAs). These professionals also work at smaller accounting firms and consultancies. In order to become a CPA, you need to have a four-year college degree and at least three years of experience in the accounting field.
- If you are interested in becoming an accountant but do not have a four-year college degree, you can pursue a related degree such as a Master of Science in Business Accounting (MBA). Keep in mind that MBA programs typically take three years of study. Those who have business degrees are typically considered well-qualified for internal auditing positions.
- Those individuals with bachelor’s degrees typically seek jobs in accounting firms, on Wall Street or in the executive suite of a large corporation. A Master of Science in Business Accounting typically takes two years.
- Becoming an accountant is an excellent career choice for individuals with computer skills. In addition, accountants earn the salaries and benefits that are similar to other corporate professionals. Accountants are typically employed in the financial services, banking, insurance, retail, and marketing industries.
- The highest annual salaries are among accountants who hold general manager and senior administrative careers. Individuals who have bachelor’s degrees in business administration earn salaries that are approximately twenty percent higher than the salaries of accountants with bachelor’s degrees in business administration.
In addition to a great salary and benefits, to become an accountant that is right for you is dependent on how much experience and training you have. Government accountants typically begin their careers by working as entry-level clerks, providing VAT consultancy services in UAE or receptionist workers. As they gain more experience, they may move up to higher paying positions such as regional auditors or government accountants, depending on their location and employer.